Chances are that if you read my blog you know how much I like to bake. But I promise you that is not the only thing I like to do in my kitchen. I also really like cooking and I’m going to start including more savory meals on here. After all, life is all about moderation, right? I wouldn’t be a good dietitian-to-be if I didn’t preach about the importance of healthy eating.
As much as I like eating cookie dough…
I also really love veggies.
I’ve been making this drink on a regular basis- and I think you should too. Don’t knock it til you try it.
You can pretty much add any fruit or vegetable in the blender. (I wouldn’t recommend melon with dark greens though as they are both on the bitter side). I rolled with an orange, a few apple and pear slices, kale, spinach, celery, and a banana. The more fruit you add, the sweeter it will taste. Celery tends to have a stronger taste so you might wanna go easy on it. Feel free to also add herbs such as cilantro, parsley, or mint. Have fun experimenting!
All of that produce made 2 glasses of this size.
A few notes:
- Use 2-3 cups of water. Less will yield a thicker juice that may be difficult to drink.
- This drink contains a lot of fiber since the entire fruit is blended. Be careful
- The colder the juice, the better it tastes
- Make a huge batch and store in a plastic jug with a tight fitting lid. It should keep for a few days.
- Swap 100% fruit juice, like apple, for the water. I’ve also used coconut water and had good results.
Have fun experimenting! If you try this juice, I’d love to hear your thoughts.